1. Core Purpose
Reports to Finance Manager and is responsible for recording of financial transactions, analysing expenditure versus budget, and providing support to country offices and partners as appropriate. An important output of this role is the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements to internal and external stakeholders as required.
Education, Knowledge, and Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or any related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organisation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project accounting preferably including relevant experience of precise reporting requirements of major bi-lateral aid agencies.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to motivate people and perform in a multicultural working environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently is essential.
- Willingness to travel as requested.
- Commitment to cbm’s mission, vision, and values.
- Proficient in written and spoken English including a strong grasp of technical vocabulary.
- Local/Regional Language (professional proficiency / advantageous)
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills).
- Good command of accounting programs.
- Familiarity with NAVISION is advantageous.
- Fostering Teamwork
- Attention to Communication
- Customer/ Service Orientation
- Result orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Result Orientation
3. Overall Mission
To accurately report on all financial transactions according to CBM standards and to conduct and report on financial analysis so that the financial status of the Country office is reliable and current.
4. Main Activities
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting reports for internal and external use as required and CBM standards.
- Maintain book keeping for cash and bank transactions and provide balance sheet and statement of income monthly.
- Handle internal financial matters such as accounts payable and accounts receivable including effective cash flow management.
- Manage monthly bank reconciliation with income and expenditures.
- Work with the Finance Manager to identify and report on accounts and financial performance indicators for CBM.
- Coordinate with CBM internal and external auditors and ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- Liaise and coordinate with banks, Government departments and other service agencies.
- Prepare tax related documents such as withholding tax, organization’s income tax, social security and to ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Provide suitable training on accounting procedures as requested by Finance Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
5. Performance Criteria
- Timely and accurate accounting reports in line with local current legislation and CBM standards, policies and procedures.
- Accurate analysis of financial status of Country Office with periodic audit reporting.
- Effective day-to-day management of all cash-related issues in line with CBM standards.
- Proven successful provision of accounting procedures training, including testing for understanding.
- Assist as necessary to develop and implement corrective actions with regard to financial reporting issues.