2002454 Logistics Officer Job Posting: 22/Oct/2020 Closure Date: 12/Nov/2020, 4:59:00 PM Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in Pakistan, FAPAK Job Type: Staff position Type of Requisition: Professional Project Grade Level: P-3 Primary Location: Pakistan-Islamabad Duration: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension Post Number: 2008168 CCOG Code: 1A IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position
- FAO does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Logistics Officer reports to the Deputy FAOR and works closely with the Assistant FAOR Finance and Administration. Technical Focus
Coordination of logistics-related activities including but not limited to quality control, inspection, transportation, receipt, storage, off-loading, monitoring physical distribution plan and reporting completion shipments deliveries to procurement and finance for payment and purchase orders closures. Key Results
Support, contribution ad coordination of field logistics operations including budget preparation and management, commodity and warehouse management, supply chain, fleet and workshop management. Key Functions
- Supports logistics operations including all logistics assets maximize efficiency and ensures regular maintenance in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of cargoes;
- Identifies, mobilises resources, implements and reports on special logistics operations;
- Ensures Integrity of transport information, including commodity tracking in the standard systems and maintains transport information for reporting purposes;
- Assesses offers for transport and prepares submission to the local transport committee;
- Organises, leads and participates in regional logistics meetings including the local transport committee;
- Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
- Ensures effective Landside, Transport, Storage and Handling (LTSH) management including project budgetary review and regular LTSH reviews;
- Ensures FAO standard logistics forms are consistently used, readily available, and completed accurately and electronically by the inspection company, transporters, vendors and field staffs;
- Ensures effective commodity management and quality control;
- Ensures adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews;
- Develops, plans and delivers training, and proposes any additional training needs to achieve high working standards
- Coordinates logistics operations with other organizations in the area and provides logistics support to ongoing air, land, sea, or rail operations in the area;
- Monitors relevant logistics legal compliance issues such as tax exemption policies of host government in order to ensure compliance
- Establishes comprehensive purchase orders delivery tracking system in order to be informed of the status of accomplishment of purchase order deliveries at all stages of supply chain.
- Ensures maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as vehicles, generators, computers and all other technical items using either petrol, diesel or kerosene to maximize efficiency and ensure regular maintenance;
- Monitors regular and timely transmission of pipeline, logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status to programmes and logistics focal point at national level. For emergencies: Coordinates with logistics cluster, and ensures FAO interest and supplies are given appropriate priority;
- Ensures proper warehouse management including storage space, condition, and the actual storage of stock;
- Liaises with vendors and the procurement unit to obtain needed materials with particular attention to cost control, quality and timely delivery;
- Monitors and oversees asset management by regularly updating asset register as required;
- Establishes stock movement, fleet and logistics reports based on logistics movements and distributes them according to requirements;
- Ensures appropriate logistics filing systems to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules; filing of all, waybills, inspection reports, copies of invoices, delivery notes – orders (national and international) to ensure accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING Minimum Requirements
- Advanced university degree in business administration and/or management, law, logistics, finance, budget or related fields;
- Five years of relevant experience at the national and international levels in logistics management, administration, procurement, finance or budget;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience at the national and international levels in logistics management including transportation operations risks and emergency logistics preparedness;
- Extent and relevance of experience in managing integrated air, sea, and land transport operations;
- Extent and relevance of experience in preparing and managing transport and project budgets.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
- Dependency allowances
- Rental subsidy
- Education grant for children
- Home leave travel
- 30 working days of annual leave per year
- Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
- International health insurance; optional life insurance
- Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
- elements of family-friendly policies
- flexible working arrangements
- standards of conduct
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT