Cyber Internet Services – Rawalpindi
The position is responsible for assisting the Manager Tech Ops with overall fiber optics project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control.
Providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Besides leading a team, the position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to project planning, cost management, staff supervision, time management, quality management, safety management.
- Manage fiber optics team to support the fiber network, its implementation and maintenance.
- Manage fiber engineering network maintenance support 24/7.
- Schedule and prioritize the workload of the fiber engineering and external vendor resources.
- Manage record documentation completed by Fiber teams and contract resources associated with Cybernet/StormFiber
- Overall responsible for fiber asset management associated with the implementation and maintenance of fiber networks and services’ fiber network infrastructure.
- Work jointly with the leadership from the NOC, Field Operations, and Change management teams.
- Establish, monitor, and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of deliverable and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance, identify and assess areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance.
- Manage the assigned areas respective CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
- Maintain quality service by understanding and enforcing organization standards.
- Develop and coach employees, as well as ensuring similar opportunities throughout the team. Identify training gaps and create a career path for team members.
- Review and maintain splice plans, test result, and as-builds
- Attend site walk outs with customers
- Assist in estimating, project scheduling and staff scheduling
- Attend weekly project status meetings
- Assist crews in troubleshooting through the use of Industry software, maps and designs
- Ensure that projects activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Assist in devising the project work plans and make revisions as needed
- Monitor the progress of the fiber projects on a regular basis and report regular status updates to the Senior Project Manager and customers as needed
- Periodic inspection of work sites
- Ensure project documents are complete
- Ensure the Installations within the defined TAT, a quality check of deployments, drive the strategy to overcome the ground challenges
- Verification of vendors invoices, check and balance the vendor’s on-ground issues, strong follow up against the Task assigned to them, proper SOP implementation, keep them trained on a new product, conduct the tech awareness program so that they align with company scope
- Maintaining adequate inventory (ONTs, HD Boxes, Fast connectors, APs etc) in-store. Maintaining proper consumption report of consumables and devices. Sending monthly regional reports to high-ups.
- Customer satisfaction (important KPI for every sales organization looking to fuel growth and achieve success. the customer never buy simply a product itself, but instead they buy a set of tangible and intangible attributes that they perceived as delivering value. to deliver customer satisfaction the organization needs to be good at with regard to product, service, added value and “the delight factor”. the most consistent business drivers are service quality, delivery performance accuracy, time to market and response time).
- Bachelor or master in engineering with telecommunication focus. A two year associates degree in project management or related experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the telecommunications industry with an emphasis on outside and inside plant construction.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a project management capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of fiber optic splicing and testing practices and procedures.
- Ability to oversee small to midsized projects
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a 365/24/7 environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of fiber splicing and network testing.
- Ability to read and understand fiber splicing designs and maps.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find work around as needed.
- Maintain and update project designs, maps and as built
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including excel, word, power point, Auto Cad, Visio, OSP Insight, Fast View, any Utility or telecommunications database software.
Project Management, Internet Troubleshooting, Fiber Optic Technology,